Friday, July 21, 2006

24/7 Customer Service: A friday RUINED

Yo… Friday morning. Literally whistling and bench-warming through the work day, I get an email.. it read “ XXXCredit Card Update”

It sounded bogus from the subject itself, I looked in, it said there was an issue with my account and I need to reset the details. I put the mouse on the “supposed card link”.. it was redirecting to Me to “a German based website”.. the last time I got anywhere close to Germany was when I watched the World Cup finals..

So, I think .. I assumed fairly right when I had zero chance to get a german based card or for all of a sudden for this company to move its HeadQuarters and all business links to germany..

Some thing smelled fishy.. it was Friday after all, and I decided to call my actual card company- the single most stupidest thing I have committed all year since yesterday –

The following is a raw transcript of one of the best exchanges I had with the customer service center..

Me : “ XXXCard support.. look I got an email today, giving Me bogus info and asking Me to update my records. I think I suspect this email. But, still I want to know if you were aware of any such emails circulated or if this email was indeed sent by your company”

BPO Girl : “ yes Sir, we can do that to you”
Me : “do what”
BPO Girl : verify Sir..”
Me: “Ok”
Girl : “ Sir, I understand ur tension and ur predicament, in this time of pain I can help u with a 30 day pgm, that monitors all traffic from tomorrow for ZERO penny”

Me : “ I know about that pgm, I am not interested in it, tell me about this email”
Girl : its ZERO penny sir, ZERO penny, its no cost.
Me : "look.. i am not calling u to sign up.. i need to know if my account is alrite"
Girl : "sir.. u can sign up on 30 day trial"
Me : "look ma'm i know about ur wonderful program, i have seen it before, but just tell me if u guys sent me this email or not"

Girl : " thats why sir we have this pgm.. it will monitor from now"
Me : " what about that email.. today morning"
Girl : "this 30 day will help u'
Me : "thank you.. u were of lot of help.. brilliant"
Girl : "sir.. we have other pgms.."

Me : "u have lots of programs.. i just need information.. not programs for future”
Girl : "i understand Sir.. u r concerned"
Me : " i am very much concerned.. and u r not gettting Me my info"
Girl : " sir for that this program'
Me : " enuf with the pgm"
Me : " can u tell Me if this email is legit"
Girl : "sir.. we can help u monitor everyday"
Me : " i am notorious for not unsubscribing after 30 days and u charge Me

Girl : “dont wry sir.. if u remember and call us in 30 days.. its free"
Me : " i think i just said.. i forget those things"
Girl : "sir, its a good pgm"
Me : "indeed it is.. an excellent one.. and thats y i dont want it" "thank u so much.. for a wonderful assistance"
Girl : "sir if u want we have another pgm.. we see ur account has low balance transfer" "u can transfer to us"
Me : “ i have good cards" "everyone has good rates" "i am comfortable with what i have now" "i dont need anything else"
Girl : "sir.. this is a 2% transfer"
Me : "yes madam.. it is.. i got that", "i did not call u to sign into any of these"
Girl : "sir try 30 days"
Me : " i will call u later"
Girl : "sir u already called" "y do u want to wait on the line”
Me : "i donno.. i dont feel like signing up today"
Girl : "sir u spent 5 mins.. 2 more mins for 2 pgms"
Me : '"sounds very impressive" "and i appreciate ur help.. i will call u"
Girl : " u can call Me anytime "
Me : “ I meant I will call citibank"
Girl : “ yes Sir”

Me : "thanks"
Girl : "any thing else"
Me :"no u were wonderful and of great help" "appreciate it a lot"
Girl : "welcome sir" "if u need any other assistance or help u can goto our website or call our 24 hr assistance"

Me : " yes sounds perfect" "thanks BYE"
Me : clunk. Phone disconnected

this is not a fiction or imaginative wonder, it is a real life "you got served"..

5 comments:

Vijay said...

no one is to blame dude..she just reads frm the monitor. thank god tht ur server didnt go down the same day, which is a usual sight at ur work. but she helped u to come with a new post.

Vinodh Nathan said...

vijay..

haha thats true.. if it had all piled up.. it wud have been one huge mess leading to the weekend..

u r right abt the idea for the post.. haha

pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

WEll... just wondering how many such blog posts that lady on the otherside is instigating!

Vinodh Nathan said...

@push

haha believe me.. it was quite an event..

பாலாஸ்ரீ (அ) bzee said...

dei dei... idhu over.. niruthu... nalla kadalai podaratha potutu, nalla payanattam vandu blog ezhuduradu....
venaaaam.. vituru... anda ponnu azhududum....
- bzee