Wednesday, July 05, 2006

High Maintenance, Low-efficiency item: Girl Friend or U

Yo.. I was thinking about getting a car. U know.. the four-wheeled wonder which drains your purse like a cat devouring milk. The surprising thing about this is we are AWARE of what this vehicle does to us financially and yet we are all too happy to get it and get drained.

Well say even if we cop the expense and get one, its very high maintenance.. it needs fuel and loads off it (psst.. I do think if someone had the brains to invent a viable non-oil based vehicle to ride, we wont even have all the dependency on the middle east, that’s a different story altogether). Bottom-line is this baby eats you up and you don’t even realize, I do realize though.. we extract some utility out of it.

My mind wandered (yeah tell me what’s new), I started thinking about other high maintenance items in life. Well, the obvious answer is your girlfriend. Man, they drain the purse and time and energy.

The last one really zaps you, coz when ur energy is outta the window that’s when the pea-brains start working in ur cerebrals under those lousy hair-style

and u assume ur speaking out loud..but not really.. “goddamn woman.. not only are my legs and arms killin me.. I missed my ballgame for ur sake and the past 5 hours running around the mall for your one pair of ear-rings and ur 3 cotton candies and 2 teddy bears .. but u never even opened the purse.. well I guess u did.. U did put the old ear-rings in there..”

Well, honest to God.. if a guy hasn’t been thru that he is blessed and living in mars.. But I hate to drool on the obvious.. so I let my mind wander a bit more.. as I wondered I realized the human body..

Man is there a more painful .. creaky.. cranky.. disobeying unit or body of work other than the flesh and mass that we tuck under our dress.. err NO..

U getup u need to brush (sometimes I wish I get my senses after I brush.. without brushing our mouth smells like it was down by the local garage all nite).. then the obvious downloading.. and then bath.. (I do know a lotta guys love to skip it.. ).. well if u r in living college hostels.. chances are u add more pile of dirt by being in those bathrooms than skipping it.. (see.. now ya know why hostel-ites love to skip bath..)

U get out of the shower…. ur stomach gives u a call.. u fill it up with milk n bread and the day starts rolling.. u travel and ur mind thinks ur stomach is hungry.. so u get the most unhealthy bag of chips available and dump it in ur mouth.. and u need NO incentive to open the mouth when ur dumping tasty-unhealthy food.. only healthy or medicinal foods are rejected by ur mouth..

The day rolls by its noon.. ur stomach calls up again( sometimes even clocks fail to work.. not ur tummy).. u fill it up with either hotel-made high transfat low energy.. sleep inducing outside food or high-colestrol.. loadsa oil.. loadsa sleep inducing home-made food..

Well the choice is ours.. and often we make the worst available.. then we roll over and get some snacks.. and that cant be real healthy.. then we get home.. and all the buncha junk we ate have all been processed and form an extra centimeter around our mid-section now.. Sometimes we guys look bigger than pregnant women..

And the funny thing is we know!! we know it’s only a fleeting thing and once we download it.. we will have the abs of every women’s delite!! funny that is a worse non-starter than anything we can cook up..

Well all this when ur body is supposedly running well.. imagine when ur creaky or cranky or down right sick.. it needs lodsa medicines, loadsa rest and loads a caring.. Of course there are those pharmacies.. which love to service ya.. err read plunder ur money.. when u are unhealthy..

I realized.. all my complaints abt my girlfriend is mute.. the worst nightmare I can conjure is taking care of my body all by myself.. I go.. "Honey.. my sweetie.. are u sure u are done shopping.. why don’t we hit the other mall and find u a pair of slip-ons and couple a more teddy bears and cotton candies.." She "Sweetie are u alrite??".. I "I better be .. coz I don wanna service my body…"

5 comments:

Vijay said...

Meant to be funny???
I tot u r were 1 in few who dont have a GF. But I still dont know the intent of the last para. Dont leave me alone here da.

Vinodh Nathan said...

Meant to be very funny.. atleast a try

nothing to read into it.. but overanalysis is welcome bliss.. if only when it leads to silly to n fros

Vinodh Nathan said...

well when u think abt it.. most of the things are high maintenance.. the least of which we give credit to is ourself..

Softy.. ok next a hard hitting venom spitting column in the pipes.. haha jus kiddin

pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

Vinod...wasssup with u..
last post was a literal invitation to marriage to invade ur life.. this post began with a anti-girlfriend crusada and then moved to a "there are more ttoublesme things" note and then conclude with a very high fudae last para....!!
man....u rock!
very hilarious read!

cheers dude!

pushkala

Vinodh Nathan said...

@push

thanks a .lot push..

high praise all.. well its kind of the trajectory i went thru when i thought what are all high-maintenance subjects..

and the thread was a result of it

thanks