Thursday, April 23, 2009

Truth Maze : Cut-Paste for the TRUTH :: Fiction

Eyewitness report to Cop:

I saw ‘accused guy #1’ near the statue, he had an axe in his hand and he appeared to be cutting down the nearby tree. Once in a while he stopped and looked around suspiciously, his hands were sweaty, he had a strong forehead… the tree was half cut… I was at the bus stop just across from the statue, I turned around to pick up a political flyer that fell from my purse, a jeep passed by, there were 3 men with sharp objects, another flyer fell from my hand, I stopped and bent to pick it up, the jeep was going, the statue was beheaded, ‘accused guy #1’ was still there with the axe in his hand.

Cop: Look, we found the jeep and the 3 members, they are good people, they are influential people’s kids… I will rearrange some of the details in your report… now confirm to me if it’s the TRUTH… I know where you live…. i can drop you home...

Eyewitness report to Cop:

I saw ‘accused guy #1’ near the statue, he had an axe and sharp objects in his hand and he appeared to be cutting down the nearby tree. His hands were strong, he had a sweaty forehead… the tree was half cut… I was at the bus stop just across from the statue, I turned around to pick up my purse, a jeep passed by, there were 3 men with political flyers, a flyer fell from the jeep's kids hand, he stopped and bent to pick it up, the jeep was still there, the statue was beheaded, ‘accused guy #1’ was going with the axe in his hand, he stopped and looked around suspiciously once in a while.

Cop: Good, that’s better…
Eyewitness: Ji Sab… Can I go home..
Cop: Sure, we may ask you to come back to tell the truth in the court…
Eyewitness: Sure Sab, I will only tell the TRUTH…


TRUTH:

Jeep had 3 politicians’ kids.
Accused guy was day laborer hired to cut down a dead tree.
Statue was beheaded by one of the 3 kids.
Eyewitness was a normal middle age man with 2 kids and depends on monthly salary.
Cop is a middle aged man, indebted to the local punk who has kidnapped his little girl.
Local punk is the man hired by the 3 kids.

One of my favorite quotes “When a volcano erupts with anger, innocent bystanders may get burnt, its not the fault of the volcano or the bystander, timing is sometimes a hell”

What appears to the eye, is not what’s the truth, everyone is under pressure and truth gets fudged to save some and kill some… its unfortunate....

Not everyone is Gandhi but hey even he lied once....

While its sad the ‘accused guy #1’ became a sure shot ‘convicted guy’ you are only normal if you feel for the Cop.

If in the Cop’s shoes you claim you will not fudge the truth, then you are not telling the truth..

Sometimes, innocent bystanders get burnt.. ands that’s sad… but that’s the truh

Note: This is total fiction. Invented by my own overloaded coffee-soaked brain.

2 comments:

Showa said...

Yo man. What brand of Coffee do you drink? It definitely fuels your imagination. Keep writing

Vinodh Nathan said...

Showa,

thanks for visiting my blog.... appreciate the encouragement... i guess i was on overdosed black caffeine ...

cheers
vinodh